Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 2 of 50 days of summer

Everyday I wake up with a goal. Thats the least I can do with myself. Today I wanted to start reading a some book. I kind of have a list of books I want to read for the summer. I think the best knowledge is hidden in books just waiting for someone to informed.

I decided to start with an easy read or more like a past fail. I started The Fire Next Time for the second time. To top it off I started reading it out loud to work on my reading out loud skills. Which I honestly know I am terrible at, but hey at least I know. The book so far is a pretty good book. Its about a man who writes a letter to his nephew about basically being black in America. So there is a lot of truth and hypocrisy in it.

Reading outside on the porch while the cars were passing felt good once the I got used to the heat. I really want to work on listening to the world. Take a step back and enjoy nature.

Plus I started another TV series Prison Break :).


Summer reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment