Monday, January 10, 2011

...beat up newspapers and burnt out candles

it used to smell like roses
freshly picked from the afternoon
there once was time for laughter
but somethings missing from this room
the sun shines like a lantern
flickers through the ticks
as tocks roll off the sofa
as dust settles, silence sticks

there was hope on the windowsill
happiness in the frame
nothing ever feels quite right
the minutes after rain
the day was once so beautiful
a moment to remember
but nothing feels like spring time
when its the middle of december

i closed my eyes and dreamed
that this day would pass more soon
i vowed to never speak
my heart motioned a new tune
your presence now a fragile doll
embedded in my mind
caution takes its toll on me
i wished youd send a sign

are you happy where you are
do you think of me the same
my tomorrows are so tangled
i fear i wont remember your name
ill place you where i wont forget
where nothing will interfere
with the many joys you brought to me
ill hold your love so dear

my life is no a commercial
i can not change the channel
ill keep you like a hoarder
next to the beat up newspapers
and burnt out candles

No comments:

Post a Comment