Monday, January 10, 2011

...secret avenues and alleyways

sometimes you have to put yourself in uncomfortable positions in order to see a change...the world is a concoction of uncomfortable positions but the demeanor at which people approach these moments dictates the outcome...courage is the root of progress and fear is its fire but its not what keeps success burning through time

i have to be my own match, my own light, my own fire...no one is going to define my success other than myself...and no one should

many days i keep my mouth shut about a lot of things...about a number of people...and about many situations...it could be because of respect or the lack there of....it could be the time and the desire not to waste it...but how can i say this unstereotypically and politically correct....the only race i am trying to advance is the black race...everything else is a resource to get to where i want to be...because like my forefathers im working to stay in the game and still knocking on the door waiting to get in at times

now i know that i have it better than my family of yesterday...i understand that...but who is going to tell me that its all sunshine and roses everywhere i go...no they stopped blatantly mocking us a while ago...now its all a facade...they mock us in silence...handing us a ticket to disappoint as they watch in the box seats..applauding the show...elagantly and classically smiling at the modern day sambos

but its okay, i will make my way, and smile as i pass you saying have a nice day

its not your fault...its your naive acceptance of the roles dealt out in this society...its not your fault...its your ignorance when it comes to the contrasting starting lines...its not your fault....its your reluctance to speak when it comes to your handed success in secret avenues and alleyways

No comments:

Post a Comment