Tuesday, January 11, 2011

...laughter embedded between tears

If laughter sometimes leads to tears, why cant all tears lead to laughter. All hard work lead to success and all obstacles lead to triumph. Tears may be shed in the process, even blood (though unlikely) may be shed. Nothing is beyond the reach of achieving a dream. But in order to do this I must focus, I must work on myself. Through these tears laughter will rise in appreciation of the moments of tomorrow and yesterday. So...

I am working on myself. 
Not my family, my friend, or that stranger over there. 
I am working on myself.

That is nothing against everyone else. But how can I not choose to work on myself? Life is a domino effect, nothing happens without affecting something else. 

Newton's Third Law: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

So when I have my stuff together, then the world will be affected (hopefully positively). I am not shooting for complete and utter satisfaction in order for the world to reap the benefits. No, I am taking it one day at a time. 

Small successes for the greater good. 

Attempting to define and fulfill my "purpose" in the world. Even though purpose sounds so deep and ambiguous, its the most appropriate term in this situation. 

Answering an unasked question without actually answering the question, the story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment