Monday, January 3, 2011

...one day youll read this


There always comes a time when nothing you think matters, really doesn’t matter.

So there comes a time…when everything is beautiful, yet confusing. I don’t know what’s going on. But I do know why a caged bird sings. I have always known. They say because it once was free, literally free to roam, to get lost, to fall and get up. But that’s not it. A caged bird sings because it knows what freedom feels like, emotionally…mentally… personally. Physical freedom is relative (conveniently and situationally defined) and still restricting. Emotional-Mental-Personal freedom is freedom in its purest form. Internal. Uncontested. Unbiased. Freedom.

I want freedom. Everyday I feel like driving. I hate driving. I love driving. I want to put gas in the car (with no financial limitations) and just go. Not run away (people don’t run away the run towards). Just drive. Towards a timeless destination…for however long…with no one in particular...with someone (optional)…completely for myself in an unselfish way. Have you ever passed by a city and wondered what the people were like? I want to stop in those cities. See and hear what makes life worth living for everyone and anyone that will give me the time of day. I always wonder if I told my story (assuming I have one worth telling) would someone truly listen. Would they be interested? Intrigued? Disgusted? Something? It takes time to find out if your story is worth telling. To find out what really matters. I don’t want to sing, that would be the death of me.

Again. There comes a time when nothing you think matters. The clothes you put on are stitched fabric no matter how you wear it. The food you eat will be decomposed by bacteria in your stomach no matter how much you spend on it. The tomorrows of today mean nothing unless you make yesterdays worth remembering. Time is the only thing that matters. Ticks. Tocks. Nothing matters but time matters. But even time is relative. Measurable. Priceless. Confusing in a “what came first the chicken or the egg” type of way. Because time isn’t simply about the ticks or the tocks. It’s about the moments. The moments that make a life worth living, remembering, experiencing.

So I want to drive. I want to take, steal, permanently borrow time and drive. I want to embrace the moments that come to me. Drive. Let time be the only thing that can catch up to me. I want to live. Not in a fairy tale type of way but a “I would not have it any other way” type of way. Everything happens for a reason. Some people are rich by effort or by inheritance. Some people are talented by hard work or chance. Some people are blank by this or that. Well I am not some people. I am me. Good old me. Hand crafted flaws and perfect imperfections. So I say, everything happens for a reason. I want to have the awareness to embrace these occurrences. Not necessary understand because that could literally take a lifetime.

Everyone has a story.

There are billions of millions of stories out there. I am one. I can’t write my story. I can influence it and I can document it. I can not write it. I can turn pages. I can take my time and drive slow. Nothing matters but time matters…but time doesn’t really matter, moments matter. The moment a caged bird sings is the moment when time is being lost between the ticks waiting to exhale into the fabric of life

No comments:

Post a Comment